杭州桑拿,杭州龙凤网,杭州夜网论坛 Powered by Zaoxiw!

Woman sent to trial in Vic dog walker case

09/10/2019 | 杭州桑拿 | Permalink

A woman will stand trial for murder, accused of bashing an elderly Melbourne dog walker who died after the attack left her with severe head injuries.

杭州桑拿

Amy Tran, 31, was charged with murdering 77-year-old woman Le Le, who was found with head injuries near her St Albans home on February 1. She died a few days later.

“I plead not guilty, Your Honour,” Tran told Melbourne Magistrates Court at Tuesday’s committal hearing.

The court has previously been told Tran had schizophrenia and a history of mental health issues and drug use.

The accused said “I haven’t hurt anyone at all” after a police summary of the alleged events were read at a previous hearing.

Ms Le sustained serious injuries to her skull and face, according to the doctor who supervised an autopsy.

Forensic pathologist Dr Paul Bedford said on Tuesday that Ms Le had fractures to her skull, nose, the bone under her eye, her left jaw and one running from her eye to ear.

The injuries were “very serious” and included bleeding on her brain in several areas.

Neighbour Khoa Tran heard three or four loud screams and called triple zero and a hospital, he told the court on Monday.

The witness said he saw Ms Le lying down in the driveway.

“She was in fetal position curling up her head,” he said.

“She tried to say words.

“She tried to but blood was gurgling out of her mouth and she couldn’t vocalise.”

He said he tried speaking to Ms Le in Vietnamese, cradled her neck and tried to wipe blood away so she could breathe.

Tran will face a Supreme Court directions hearing on Friday.

Lifeline 13 11 14

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

NRL Veteran Knights forward Aidan Guerra says anything less than the play-offs next season will be viewed as a failure

09/10/2019 | 杭州桑拿 | Permalink

Aidan Guerra has raised the bar of expectation surrounding the Knights’ 2019 prospectsdeclaring next season will be a failure if the side does not qualify forthe play-offs.

杭州桑拿

The Knights have made the finals just four times in the past 15 years with their last appearance coming backin 2013 under Wayne Bennett.

Yardstick: Veteran Knight Aidan Guerra says finals footy in 2019 is a must if the season is not to be deemed a failure. Picture: Simone De Peak.

But with some notable additions to the playing roster, a new-look staff and the prospect of improvement from a number of the club’s younger stars, Guerra says the club must be aiming for at least a top eight finish.

“We definitely hope for that,” he said.

“We are working towards it and as a side, we are pretty clear on what we need to do and how we are going to get there.

“The next four or five months will determine how close we will go and we’ll get a good measure come round one.”

Asked if anything less than a play-offs appearance would be a failure, Guerra said:“Yeah, I’d probably say that. We showed the potential that we’ve got but if you don’t reach your potential, it’s just a waste.

“We definitely have a side that is full of people who can get us there.

“I think they have been recruiting pretty well. We obviously ended last season knowing there were some voids that needed to be filled.

“The recruitment staff and management have been making some pretty good moves but it is one thing getting the players here but it’s what we do moving forward that will determine what we do as a football side.”

Guerra said there hadbeen talk among the playing group about the potentialsigning of Bulldogs Test prop David Klemmer but no-one is getting ahead of themselves.

“To be honest, we are getting a lot of our information from you guys [media]. We are just waiting to see what happens,” he said.

“He’s obviously going to be a great acquisition for the team if we can get him across the line but I’ve been around footy long enough to know nothing is certain and we won’t get too far ahead of ourselves until he shows up.”

READ MORE: Newcastle Knights

Entering his 13thpre-season, Guerra 30, says training at this time of the year doesn’t get any easier.

“It’s only my second day and I’m feeling how you’d expect,” he said.

“My legs are a bit sore, the body is a bit tired but that’s what pre-season is for. You come in and get straight into the hard stuff and start seeing that character buildas a side.

“There is a long road ahead and you try and enjoy it as much as the trainers don’t want you to.”

Aussie women eye World T20 semis

09/10/2019 | 杭州桑拿 | Permalink

World No.1 bowler Megan Schutt is a big key to Australia’s World T20 clash with New Zealand.Australia aim to use their inside knowledge in their crunch women’s World Twenty20 clash with New Zealand, with numerous close links between the two sides.

杭州桑拿

A win for Australia in Guyana on Wednesday (AEDT) will book their spot in the tournament’s semi-finals, and all but end New Zealand’s hopes after they lost to India in their first match.

The Aussies beat New Zealand 3-0 in a home T20 series recently, while the majority of the White Ferns’ big names play in the Women’s Big Bash League.

Most notably, New Zealand’s most dangerous two bats, Sophie Devine and world No.1 ranked Suzie Bates, both played for the Adelaide Strikers last summer alongside Australia’s strike bowler Megan Schutt.

“I think it makes for an interesting battle,” Schutt, who is ranked as the world’s No.1 T20 bowler, told AAP.

“I’d like to think I know them pretty well as players as well as off the field. Obviously we had a pretty good contest against them in the series just gone.

“I think I know Sophie pretty well to be honest, I’ve bowled a lot to her in the nets and I’ve probably been smoked over my head as many times as I have got her out.”

Australia’s history against the White Ferns is mixed at T20 level, given they’d lost eight of their last 11 against them before this summer’s winning whitewash.

New Zealand also have pace bowler Lea Tahuhu at their disposal, arguably the quickest in the WBBL with the Melbourne Renegades.

She’ll have a mammoth task ahead of her, given unbeaten Australia having racked up scores of 0-58 and 1-71 in the opening six-over powerplays in their first two games of the tournament against Pakistan and Ireland.

Alyssa Healy has been particularly dominant, whacking a combined 104 off 60 balls in the two innings alongside Beth Mooney at the top.

“I think any surface Lea bowls on she is going to have a bit of pace and bounce,” Australian spinner and Tahuhu’s Renegades teammate Sophie Molineux said.

“Midge (Healy) has been playing brilliantly at the top and Moons has been doing her job.

“Hopefully we can negate her pace and get through that powerplay and score a few off her. Lea does certainly charge in and hit a good length.”

UK’s Hunt sees prospect for Yemen talks

09/10/2019 | 杭州桑拿 | Permalink

UK foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt has met with Saudi King Salman in Riyadh.British Foreign Minister Jeremy Hunt has said prospects for talks to end Yemen’s 3-1/2-year-old war are “more real” after Saudi Arabia confirmed to him its willingness to evacuate 50 wounded Houthi fighters as a confidence-building measure.

杭州桑拿

Following meetings in Riyadh with the Saudi king and crown prince – the main proponent of Saudi military intervention in Yemen – Hunt also said he anticipated “rapid progress” in bringing to justice those responsible for last month’s murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

“I was led to believe that certainly the legal processes are going to be starting very soon indeed and we should hear something about that quite shortly,” Hunt told Reuters in an interview.

Hunt’s trip, which included a meeting in the United Arab Emirates with Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, comes as Riyadh, already under scrutiny for civilian deaths in Yemen air strikes, is facing global criticism and potential sanctions over Khashoggi’s killing inside its Istanbul consulate on Oct. 2.

The Western-backed Saudi-led coalition in Yemen resumed air strikes on the main port city of Hodeidah after a lull on Monday as Western allies pressed Riyadh to end a war that has pushed the impoverished country to the verge of starvation.

“Even though there’s been a temporary lull in the fighting, … it is a desperate humanitarian situation and so I impressed on everyone the urgency of the situation we’re facing,” Hunt said.

Britain is a major arms supplier to Saudi Arabia, and opposition politicians and human rights groups have called on the government to cease such sales due to the high civilian death toll in air raids by the coalition in Yemen.

The government has said the arms sales earn Britain billions of pounds and guarantee jobs in the industry, and its response to the Khashoggi killing must bear this in mind.

Britain has pushed for new action at the United Nations Security Council to try to end hostilities in Yemen and find a political solution to the war.

The evacuation of Houthi fighters, which Hunt said would have conditions about who travels with them, was a Houthi condition for peace talks that collapsed in September after the armed group’s delegation failed to show up.

Scottish winger on the Boyle for Socceroos

09/10/2019 | 杭州桑拿 | Permalink

Martin Boyle could make his international debut for the Socceroos against South Korea.He set foot in Australia for the first time earlier this week but Martin Boyle could be the latest Socceroos debutant come Saturday.

杭州桑拿

The 25-year-old Scottish-born Boyle has swapped tartan for green and gold and is in the mix to line up for the Socceroos against South Korea in Brisbane.

Boyle, whose father Graeme was born in Sydney, was a part of the national team squad for Graham Arnold’s first match in charge against Kuwait last month but was ineligible as he had yet to receive his Australian passport.

A pacey winger who can also play centre forward, Boyle has been marked as worthy of pursuit by Arnold in his quest to solve the Socceroos’ goal scoring concerns.

Boyle has scored four goals and provided three assists in 11 Scottish Premiership games this season for Hibernian – where he plays alongside fellow Socceroos Mark Milligan and Jamie McLaren.

“Being in the third division of Scotland years ago to the climb that’s been happening, it’s quite unimaginable,” Boyle said on Tuesday.

“If you’d asked me a few years ago if this opportunity would ever happen, from the position I was in or where I was, I’d probably have laughed at you.

“It’s been a huge rise for myself and long may it continue.”

Boyle will get his first look at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday afternoon, with former Brisbane Roar striker McLaren already talking up the venue.

“He’s saying he’s got a statue outside it. He’s giving it the big one,” Boyle said.

“It’ll be great to see it for myself and ideally make an impression.”

Milligan, who joined Hibs in August, said there’s no fears over Boyle’s loyalties.

“He’s coming into training and telling me about Aussie customs,” Milligan said.

“He’s very keen and has definitely done his homework.

“He’s a very exciting young player, very positive, likes to get at goal and definitely has goals in him.”

Boyle’s father was crying tears of pride when his son left Scotland but couldn’t get time off from his lorry driving job to come to Australia. His son expects he’ll be watching back home.

There’s also no concerns about having to practice the national anthem.

“I know it. I’m all over it,” Boyle said.